Sunday, February 24, 2019

A Doctor's Journey to Compassion and Treatment Innovation

 By Dr. David A. Jernigan

Through the years, thousands of people have come to my clinic, thousands more have read my books, and yet very few ever knew the health adversities I have personally experienced in my life. I never wanted to publish my story, because I always felt it was distasteful when I would see doctors who would advertise, "Come to me, because I have had your condition, and I can fix you!" The few patients to whom I shared some of my story, suggested that I let others know that I am not just another doctor who only cares about selling you their system or selling you the latest fad diet or supplements sure to cure you. They convinced me that people need to hear stories of hope and recovery. People need to know that their doctors are human and that we all have our traumas and that in the end it is often possible to regain the quality of life we all seek.

So few of my patients know of the challenges I have faced, because after years of working on restoring my own body, mind, and spirit, I am blessed to enjoy virtually perfect health almost all the time now. The health problems I have weathered have been like signposts guiding me towards not only greater health, but also to greater maturity on all levels. As you read my story, I want you to know why I am so passionate to help all who come to the Biologix Center for Optimum Health. It is because I have definitely “Been there, done that!” and have recovered near perfect health time after time…and doing the hard work of really healing and health is a worthwhile journey.

I grew up mostly healthy. In my late teens I cleared land by cutting down trees for a housing development. Sometimes I would put a medium-sized tree under my arm and drag it to a pile. Older men would shake their heads at this and say, “You really shouldn’t do that to your back.” But what did I care? At 6’7” tall, it felt good to be strong. Within a year, I began to have periods of paralyzing pain in my back.

I didn’t know what I wanted to be when I grew up, so I just did what sounded like fun until it wasn’t fun anymore. All of my fun involved very strenuous jobs. In the 1980's I worked on seven different riverboats on the Mississippi River, and I worked on oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico for a year and a half. That is when my back first gave me a real wake-up call, having lifted a section of heavy drill pipe. I had a back breaking sensation. I was flown by helicopter to a hospital, unable to stand or walk. It was to be the first of three times in my life where I didn’t know whether I would ever walk again. The last time, while in the U.S. Air Force from 1986-1990, the doctors thought I had broken a bone in my back, at least until they realized that I was about to get out in two weeks and would be someone else's problem. Of course I was freaked out by the immediate down-grading of a broken bone in my back, thinking my back was truly broken! I was then prescribed pain-killers and muscle-relaxers and told "just call in if you run out." It wasn't until I developed and was treated using my innovation BioResonance Scanning that I finally was rid of this painful situation.

I smoked cigarettes from my late teens until about 30 years of age, just socially. I would not smoke in my house or car, and never when I was dating someone. I sometimes went weeks without a cigarette, so I never thought I was addicted…until I really tried to quit! In the midst of severe life stress, I began to develop difficult respiratory infections that ultimately led to two bouts of severe pneumonia, and doctors saved me at the brink of death.

In 1986 I spent thirty days in a military hospital after a grueling surgery to remove benign tumors along my spine. This was followed by thirty days of drugs ( mostly morphine) to quell the post-surgical pain. It was 90 days after being released from the hospital before I could begin to work out, which was made more difficult by the 45 pounds I gained in the previous four months of immobilization.

In the late 1990’s, Lyme Disease entered my life with chronic fatigue, brain fog, cognitive dysfunctions, joint pain, muscle pains and twitching, and the most disturbing symptoms – severe heart arrhythmia and palpitations. Fresh in my mind is the memory of lying in bed at night and feeling my heart make huge rolling movements inside my chest. It would beat hard and erratic and then stop completely! I would reach up and feel the carotid artery in my neck and see if it really wasn’t beating—it wasn’t--and then it would race and flip around again. At one point, after facing many nights of wondering if this night I would die, I decided dying was not the worst thing that could happen. I didn't want to die, but after facing the possibility night after night, it just didn’t hold the fear it once did. Not until years later did the heart symptoms go away, once again from a testing and treatment innovation I developed called NeuroCardial Synchronization.

In 1995 I was diagnosed with colon cancer and beat it after years of pain and natural treatments. It returned again in 2012, this time causing debilitating referred pain in my low back. During this time at work I would have my staff bring each patient into the treatment room only when I was standing in the spot where I would be treating them, so that they would not see that I couldn't move around without agonizing pain. The staff knew to come get the patient out of the room at the end of the office visit so again I could agonizingly move to get myself into a seated position. Thankfully, using my treatment systems I have been completely healed of that illness for the last seven years.

Other family members tested positive for having Lyme disease as well. One was so sick that he could barely get out of bed for months because of the severe pain and neuropathies. In 2003, my oldest daughter’s legs became paralyzed from West Nile virus in her spine. In spite of all I knew to do, nothing worked. Thankfully with a simple prayer in faith, she was instantly and miraculously healed! She was only 10 at the time.

In 2005 I was thrown from my horse,  a beautiful American Warmblood stallion, breaking the same three ribs that I had broken a few years before, while trekking through the jungle 1850 miles south of the Mexican border. From the horse incident I also fractured my pelvis, left wrist, and suffered from concussion and whiplash. It was eight months of horrible pain. There would be the normal pain, then periodic, screaming agony as it felt like big hands were grabbing my spine and twisting it is opposite directions seemingly to the breaking point. This too passed into a memory with the continuous treatments I had invented to help others heal. For years now I have been completely restored, with no pain at all.

I have lived through the agony of losing an 18 year marriage. During the heartbreak of my divorce, my six year old daughter died from a traumatic accident on her birthday. For the last two hours of her life her physicians allowed me to also work on her. With all of my innovative new methods of testing and treating people, I could not save her. The level of profound despair from the death of my marriage combined now with the death of my sweet daughter was beyond crushing. This made all of the health trials in my life pale in comparison. Recovery was long and agonizing, as I strove to process how my life had taken such a horrible turn. Complete healing took many years as I learned the lessons I should have learned earlier in life.

Thankfully, there was a light at the end of the tunnel of my life waiting for me and it was health, joy, soundness of mind and body, and profound happiness in serving others.

Through all of the suffering in my life, I have learned profound compassion for others going through their own unique suffering. Compassion for the suffering of others cannot be trained in a college class, coached, or taught in a book. When I hire and train doctors, I feel it is not enough to be a smart doctor trained in all the right specialties. In the almost 25 years since I opened the Biologix Center, I have hired and trained a total of 16 doctors to perform the innovations I developed. Each time, I strove to hire doctors who are compassionate, those who have either suffered and learn through dealing with illness in their own life or in the lives of their families. Only truly compassionate doctors will go beyond their training in order to figure out what is really wrong with their patients.

Over the years I hired doctors to do the work I innovated because I could not see and treat enough people myself. When you come to the Biologix Center it should be understood that you are still my patient even if I am not the one treating you. Actually in reality, you are God's patient, and our job is to work as unto Him to restore His perfect design and function of your body, to the best of our ability and from there, disease by any name can fall away. However, I am always training, teaching, and guiding the care you receive from my doctors and staff. It is reciprocated by my staff as they also innovate and teach me new things they learn as they treat.

It is this compassion for the plight of others that has relentlessly driven me to continue innovating new ways to test the human body and new ways to treat the body. I often tell my staff to accept change graciously, since until we get 100% of our patients well, we will continue to change and perfect our systems, testing, and treatments. Good enough is definitely not good enough. For all of the successes we have enjoyed with our improvements, there is always someone who is not progressing as quickly as we expect. We keep pushing harder toward the goal of helping everyone regain the quality of life they seek, regardless of their diagnosis.

Our doctors accept that we are not God. We are only the facilitators of the restoration of His perfect design and function of your body. I have come to realize that I have been blessed with a good mind that is able to process complex science and innovate new technologies to help restore what was previously thought to be incurable. I have been blessed beyond measure to have suffered trial after trial in my life to guide me to living a more and more heartful life.

After all the suffering and trauma of my life, I realized I had a choice: to resent God and blame Him for my suffering, or to cling tighter to Him and take responsibility for learning the lessons presented to me while the lessons were still small. The lessons seemed to get bigger and more painful if I ignored them when they were still small. I decided to cling tighter to Him and to rapidly recognize and learn the lessons while they are still small and easy to handle. It has made all the difference in my life and professional career!

Having used my own innovations and having learned many of the key lessons I needed to learn, I am blessed to live a virtually symptom-free life on all levels for many years now, and I am doubly blessed to be able to have surrounded myself with compassionate, highly skilled staff and doctors in my healing center.

Do I understand some of what you are going through?

A resounding YES!

Do I know you can gain greater health than you had before?

Yes, I am living proof, as well as our 24+ year track record of success. Better testing+Better Treatment= Better results!

My life, and the live's of my staff are blessed by and dedicated to helping you achieve a better you!



Dr. David A. Jernigan is the owner and founder of the Biologix Center for Optimum Health. Dr. Jernigan is author, researcher, and has studied advanced science in healing around the world. He has appeared on TV, lecutured on radio, podcasts, and lectured nationally and internationally at medicine conferences and forums. For almost 25 years the Biologix Center for Optimum Health, in Wichita, Kansas has specialized in the restoration of health for people with previously unresponsive and chronic illnesses of virtually all types. Over 85% of people come from other states and countries. If you have done everything you and your doctor know to do and are still struggling, contact our wonderful Patient Care Department at 316-686-5900 or by email patientcare@Biologixcenter.com, for information on the exciting new treatments we have developed at the Biologix Center for Optimum Health. For additional info including our New Patient Packet, visit our website at www.BiologixCenter.com.

All of our doctors are proudly, Doctors of Chiropractic Medicine, with post-graduate training in Advanced Biological and Bioregulatory Medicine, as well as Anthroposophical Medicine. Our training does not require us to depend upon pharmaceutical drug-induced illusions of health, the suppression of symptoms, nor do we have to unlearn what we have been taught as do conventional medical physicians. What is only natural in our training and profession, to work to restore the optimum structure and function of  every aspect of the body as a way to help the body eliminate disease, only in recent years have mainstream medical doctors begun to accept and learn the concepts of functional medicine and now proclaim it as self-evident and truly science based. 

This article is for educational purposes. Before implementing any supplements/remedies always consult with your healthcare professional. Due to the complexity of the human condition there remains the possibility of symptoms getting worse. Again, discuss the ideas presented here with your health care professional before beginning, and stop, or get support, if your condition worsens. This information is not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, or mitigate any disease or illness, and has not been evaluated by the FDA. The Biologix Center does not treat named diseases, but seeks to restore the body's optimum structural and functional integrity so that the body can rapidly heal itself. 

*Due to the exhaustive time spent per day with each patient, and poor repayment history of insurance companies, we unfortunately cannot accept insurance assignment. We do participate in Care Credit, and accept all major credit cards. We will gladly accept insurance when our elected officials revamp the health insurance industry to cover all results-based care.  Please call 316-686-5900 ext. 1, for current pricing for our economically-priced, All-inclusive 2-3 weeks intensive packages of care.


Share

No comments: